Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions made with Verapol. By placing an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If you need any clarification on anything within these Terms and Conditions, please contact us via email@example.com prior to placing an order.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Shipping address - PLEASE BE AWARE: We can only accept payments if the billing and the delivery addresses are the same and the bank card has been issued in the UK. We will have to cancel your order if the above criteria is not met.
- We deliver goods 5 days a week, excluding public and bank holidays.
- You will be informed of the likely approximate length of time until delivery at the point of order. Once you have agreed the delivery timescale and the order is confirmed as available for a delivery, we will do our best to make all arrangements for the most convenient date of delivery and will notify you to confirm it. Where possible we will deliver on the first available van.
- Our goods are delivered to you within 3 days to 8 weeks. We make every effort to ensure that our products get to you as quickly as possible.
- Many items of our range are manufactured to order or made abroad and the delivery time reflects the time it take us to deliver it to your home.
- Delivery takes place from 8am to 8pm.
- Due to the size of the item the delivery is always discussed with buyer over the phone, subject buyer provides correct contact telephone number.
- Once you agree to accept the delivery and for any reason you are not present at the delivery address, we reserve the right to apply a re-delivery charge of £40.00.
- We reserve the right to cancel the order when we are unable to contact buyer to discuss the delivery.
- We cannot guarantee certain timeslots on the day of delivery but our delivery crew may call you 30 minutes prior to the delivery on the date arranged. If you require more notice, please notify us as soon as possible.
- We give minimum 48-hour notice prior to delivery.
- Our delivery crew will keep you updated in case of bad weather or if heavy traffic occurs.
- We reserve the right not to deliver an order if we believe the address isn’t secure, for example to a communal postal address or PO box. If this affects an order you place, we'll notify you as soon as possible.
- It is buyer's responsibility to make easy access for a delivery i.e. leave appropriate instructions if the property is gated and has concierge. Our delivery is DOOR TO DOOR, goods are not carried upstairs, unless there is a suitable and accessible lift and items will fit inside it.
- You can book additional service if you wish to have it delivered to your property in case you live on 1st floor and above (multi-storey building). This is a subject of £20 charge. We are unable to deliver to a specific room within a house.
- We may not deliver or may cancel a delivery if a suitable parking space is not provided.
- Buyer is responsible for carrying goods into the room of their choice and Verapol cannot accept any responsibility for any damages caused by buyer when shifting the items.
- Our delivery crew is unaccompanied and is unable to move or take away any of buyer’s personal belongings to arrange space.
- Please note that on rare occasions your delivery service may be subject to change. If this occurs, you will be contacted prior to delivery to be informed of and agree to any changes.
- The furniture is brand new and packed in its original packaging. It is delivered flat packed for self-assembly. ONLY PICTORIAL ASSEMBLY MANUAL INCLUDED. There are no written instructions. If you wish to see the manual before purchasing, please contact us and we will send it to you.
Delivery charge is payable by cash to the driver on the day of delivery. Other methods of payment to be discussed and are acceptable by discretion of a seller.
Deliveries to chargeable areas may take slightly more time than stated on the website.
Returns and cancellations - Customised Furniture
Any mattresses that have been unsealed will be deemed as having been used, therefore they cannot be returned for any reason other than being not of satisfactory quality or not as described.
If the Distance Selling Regulations do apply you can cancel your furniture by notifying us in writing, before delivery or within 14 working days beginning with the day after the date of delivery.
Should you wish to return the goods it is your responsibility to take good care of the furniture. You are the owner of the furniture once it has been delivered to you and you are liable for any loss or damage.
Goods must be returned in original packaging and it is buyer responsibility to return the items to our central warehouse in a good condition. We are unable to offer collection service.
Failure to take reasonable care may result in a claim against you. To minimise the risk of any such claim we ask that you return the goods in appropriate packaging such as to prevent damage in transit.
Refund will be issued once the goods has been inspected for any damages and missing pieces. Following cancellation of your order any monies paid will be refunded by the method you used to pay us and usually within 14 days from the day after you inform us of your decision.
After delivery took place
Reporting transit damages or wrongly delivered items
If any items are incorrect, damaged or faulty you should notify us immediately as soon as reasonably practicable after the delivery by phone or e-mail.
We aim to replace damaged item(s) within 6 weeks. If replacement of smaller parts is required, we will post the goods by a third party courier the quickest way possible.
We always try to provide replacement as quick as possible, however due to our manufacturers being based abroad the time may vary and we cannot take responsibility for delays. We will always keep the customer informed if that is the case.
If a package or a piece of furniture is damaged, please contact us by calling us or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will get a replacement as soon as possible. This right is not extinguished, if you have erected the furniture.
There is no need to decline the delivery of the package or to send back the whole unit. We will simply replace the broken parts of the furniture.This does not affect your statutory rights and you can seek more information on the Citizens Advice Bureau's website.
We do not take responsibility for incorrectly assembled items or any damages occurred during the assembly process.
We accept the following:
1. Payment by Debit or Credit Card: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Electron and Delta card. Online payments are handled by Nochex, who provide a secure server for processing all card transactions.
2. Bank transfer - the shop reserves the item on stock and sends it to the address indicated by the customer after the payment is made by the customer.
The contract between us shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England. English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract.
Our products are chosen on the basis that they will be used for domestic use. If you are planning to use them for business purposes please make sure that you are covered by the appropriate insurance. Where you decide to use the products in the course of a business, we exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
Our maximum liability to business users arising out of or in connection with the products shall be limited to the replacement value of the product in question (except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in respect of fraud). In relation to business users, we do not accept liability for the fitness of goods for business purposes, nor do we accept liability for loss of use of the item nor any loss over and above the cost of the item in the event of a claim for breach of warranty or condition. All our furniture are suitable for general domestic use only. For commercial use, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for safety standards or compliance unless you have requested, in writing, furniture for use in that environment and we have supplied relevant safety certification.
You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related order for products to any third party.
If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Returns and Cancellations
1. Any order may be cancelled at any time between the placement of the order and 14 days following delivery of the goods.
2. All items must be thoroughly checked as soon as reasonably practicable after the delivery. Any damage caused in transit must be reported to us straight away.
3. Please note that for selected items of leather/fabric upholstery there is a 50% cancellation/returns fee unless the order is cancelled within 3 days of order placement.
Mattresses can only be returned if they are unopened. Mattresses which have been opened and slept on cannot be returned. If you wish to test a mattress please keep it wrapped until you are sure you want to keep it.
4. If the Buyer is dissatisfied with their purchase for any reason they may contact Verapol to notify them that they wish to return some or all items from their order within 14 days of delivery. We reserve the right to withhold all or part of your refund if items are returned damaged.
5. In the unlikely event of damaged, faulty or incorrect goods we are able to rectify the error by sending replacement goods or parts. Please contact us.
6. Items partially or fully assembled cannot be returned. This does not affect your statutory rights and you can seek more information on the Citizens Advice Bureau's website.
Verapol Home Furniture
Unit 5 Westbury Close Townsend Industrial Estate Hughton Regis
Dunstable Bedfordshire LU5 5BL United Kingdom
Call us now: 07533966846
If you need help or any advice on Verapol products, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com and leave your name and contact details. We will contact you at the earliest opportunity.
Disclaimer and Liability
Verapol will not be liable to anyone for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of any information displayed on this website or from the impossibility of access to our website.
We will not be responsible for any delay or failure in the delivery of the products ordered by you or damage to the products when this is caused by an event beyond our control.